DVD: Then and Now - Industry Playbooks and Addiction Marketing Available Now.
A look at how the tobacco industry pioneered compelling addiction marketing strategies to build a massive consumer base of lifetime users that led to a national public health crisis, and how the current marijuana industry is using all the same tactics.
Watch the trailer below.
We accept purchase orders. For more information, send us an email: email@example.com
HOW TO USE THE VIDEO FOR LOCAL PREVENTION PROGRAMMING
A discussion guide is included in the DVD package. Organizations, communities and schools are using THEN and NOW for roundtable discussions, forums and local events. Successful program models include:
- Parents and community leaders (youth and/or adults) meet to watch the video and then join in follow-up discussion and action planning led by a local experienced facilitator.
- Parents and high school students come together to watch the video and have follow-up discussion. This offers opportunity for conversations to continue at home between parents and their teenagers. Some communities bring in expert panelists to reinforce the science-based content of the video.
- Coalitions view the video and share in follow-up dialogue/planning to further their work in preventing local teen marijuana use.
- Using the video in health classes with a teacher leading the discussion. Teachers are encouraged to see the video ahead of time and explore their own perceptions and attitudes in preparation for classroom discussion with students. Holding preliminary teacher screenings help prepare educators for varying elements of discussion that may surface in the classroom.
- Hospital staff educational opportunities where doctors, nurses and medical providers come together to watch and discuss the video.